From: Eduardo Tongson <propolice@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Stable Portage tree
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:41:50
1 > > Well, the problem right now is what kind of a route do we want to take?
2 > > For example, if Gentoo wanted to try and maintain an enterprise ready
3 > > solution to the stable tree issue, I don't think we could do it. On the
4 > > other hand, if we wanted to establish a few tools/solutions that provide
5 > > some enterprise ready functionality, I think we may be able to do that.
6 > Unfortunately I think you're right. While I would like to contribute to the
7 > maintainance of a stable Portage tree, it is definately beyond what a handful
8 > of devs can accomplish in the long run.
9 >
10 > New docs on the other hand should be a better priority to start out with.
11 >
12 > > Anyways, I'd love to hear your feedback and opinions!
13 > And I'd love to help with the docs:-)
14
15 Good to see it's gaining momentum again. Volunteers can probably help
16 in some way if devs let them know what specifically needs helping.
17
18 Good luck :)
19
20 --ed