From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Stable Portage tree
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:06:40
1 On Thursday 22 September 2005 18:27, Lance Albertson wrote:
2 > Well, the problem right now is what kind of a route do we want to take?
3 > For example, if Gentoo wanted to try and maintain an enterprise ready
4 > solution to the stable tree issue, I don't think we could do it. On the
5 > other hand, if we wanted to establish a few tools/solutions that provide
6 > some enterprise ready functionality, I think we may be able to do that.
7 Unfortunately I think you're right. While I would like to contribute to the
8 maintainance of a stable Portage tree, it is definately beyond what a handful
9 of devs can accomplish in the long run.
10
11 New docs on the other hand should be a better priority to start out with.
12
13 > Anyways, I'd love to hear your feedback and opinions!
14 And I'd love to help with the docs:-)
17 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen
18 Gentoo Linux Security Team