From: Andy Dustman <adustman@×××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Gentoo email services/programs
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:27:46
1 William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2
3 > For example I looked into emerging courier-imap. Which for some reason
4 > required xfree to be installed due to some dependency. That's rediculous
5 > for a server to have x when it will not be used.
6
7 Set USE=-X and you should be able to merge it without xfree. The actual
8 xfree dependency comes from dev-tcltk/expect. I use courier-imap (though
9 not on Gentoo at the moment) and would recommend it for use with qmail
10 and/or Maildirs. It supplies a POP server as well. Both IMAP and POP
11 come in the secure (SSL) varieties.
14 Andy Dustman <adustman@×××××××××.edu>
15 Office of Information Technology, Terry College of Business, UGA