From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] spam filtering with postfix and virtual domains
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 23:01:14
1 Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > rdmurray@××××××××.com wrote:
3 >> On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 at 15:15, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
4 >>> At some point, my amavisd setup decided to stop checking mail for
5 >>> spam. I don't get spam headers or anything in the logs indicating
6 >>> it's checking for spam. It still checks for viruses using clamav,
7 >>> however. Also, amavisd's configurability for SA is piss poor, at best.
8 >>
9 >> Check to make sure spam checking is not turned off. At some point
10 >> the stock gentoo amavisd config file had spam checking off by default.
11 >> Also keep in mind there is more than one place (variable setting) where
12 >> it can get turned off.
13 >
14 > Any suggestions for what values to check? I looked at everything in the
15 > SpamAssassin section of amavisd.conf, but nothing stood out at me.
18 I wasn't getting the spam headers until I set
19
20 $sa_tag_level_deflt = -100
21
22 Now I see the headers, though nothing ever seems to score a high enough
23 spam score to get marked as spam... And I imported my spam db from my
24 old server and have been training it on spam every night and on ham
25 whenever I can. Don't know if the spammers are just getting better or if
26 I didn't set something right.
27
28 b
29 --