From: Benjamin Smee <strerror@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Network Monitoring Packages eg:ntop
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 02:31:14
1 lo,
2
3 On Wednesday 28 December 2005 02:12, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
4 > I'll be frank, what I want is for a way to determine top talkers and
5 > then use that data (with the IP) and then use TC (traffic control) rules
6 > to restrict/handicap it's bandwidth. Right now, what I'm doing is manual
7 > control and I can't keep up with the 4am nights just to restrict some
8 > IPs.
9 > Do you have any comment/info on how/what's best to do those? Do you also
10 > know if the way ntop stores it's data, does it also store the IP
11 > addreses in the RRD Database as well? What I need is to just get the top
12 > talkers and that would be great. Whipping up a perl/shell script via
13 > cron to do the dirty work for me.
14
15 Precisely what part of the flows based solution doesn't do that? Like I said
16 before look into JKFlow and CUFlow, the scoreboard functions in those modules
17 give you precisely this information.
20 Benjamin Smee (strerror)
21 net-mail/netmon/forensics/crypto
22 Fingerprint: 497F 5E98 1FA0 C313 EA0B 08C7 004A 66ED 448B E78C