From: "Benoît DEPAIL" <benoit.depail@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Cheap Gentoo firewall hardware
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:41:57
1 That might be a good solution, but a firewall needs two network interfaces.
2
3 So you must have a USB modem, because I don't see how you can add a
4 second ethernet card to this box...
5
6 That's a pity, I'm looking for such a thing ATM, but I need two ethernet
7 nic to run my firewall
10 Jesse, Rich a écrit :
11 > Hey all,
12 >
13 > While surfing last night, I came across the Linksys NSLU2 "Slug"
14 > NAS-like USB controller that can run Gentoo. See
15 > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/GentooSlug/HomePage I was thinking that
16 > perhaps it could be used as a cheap-ish (and quiet!) standalone
17 > firewall. It got me thinking that I might be able to use a cheaper
18 > diskless SunRay running Gentoo (possible?) for such. I'm sick of my
19 > Linksys 4-port router bouncing everytime it gets too much UDP traffic
20 > (e.g. Enemy Territory, Unreal Tournament, and later versions of Azureus)
21 > and I don't think it would be a good idea to use my file/mail/web/DB
22 > server as my firewall.
23 >
24 > Thoughts?
25 >