From: Eric Paynter <eric@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Qmail - Spamassassin - Clamv
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:24:05
1 On Tue, June 15, 2004 4:20 pm, Kerin Millar said:
2 > Also, Spamassassin isn't that strong in its default configuration (IMHO).
3 > I prefer to set a level around the 5 mark (watch for false positives
4 > though)
5 > and enable the rbl_checks (including razor2) becuase it makes a big
6 > difference. That might not be a wise option for a large scale deployment
7 > though because of the potential overhead of such queries.
8
9 I suggest using the rblsmtpd that comes with qmail, rather than the one in
10 spamassassin. It will drop the connection before spawning the smtpd, the
11 qmail-scanner (and perl), etc., thus conserving significant resources.
12
13 -Eric
16 arctic bears - affordable email and name services @yourdomain.com
17 http://www.arcticbears.com