From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Plan 9 From Gentoo: Weekly Status Report #7
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 19:15:06
1 On 10:38 Mon 18 Jul , Robert Seaton wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > What's your plan for getting patches upstreamed? We do have a few
4 > > kernel devs, so I recommend getting in touch with some of them to
5 > > work on integrating things into Linus's tree.
6 >
7 > I'd be happy to talk to any kernel devs about what it would take to
8 > get things merged upstream. Right now, I'm not sure if the project is
9 > mature enough that it makes sense to merge things at right this
10 > second, but it certainly would be a good idea in the future. Do you
11 > have any developers in mind that I should get in contact with? At the
12 > very least, I can make sure that I'm taking the right approach and, at
13 > best, start work on getting things merged into mainline.
14
15 Sure, my recollection is that gregkh (Greg Kroah-Hartman) loves to work
16 with new kernel contributors, and he's a Gentoo dev among other things.
17 He's best reached by email, as he's not on IRC regularly.
18
19 Another option is Mike Frysinger (vapier), as he also contributes a fair
20 bit upstream. Let me know if either of those people work out for you,
21 and if they don't, I'm sure we can think of some more. Those are just
22 the names that came to the top of my mind.
25 Thanks,
26 Donnie
27
28 Donnie Berkholz