From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Adding Portage Features or Wireless Support
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 05:45:40
1 On 03/21/2011 03:21 AM, Colleen Josephson wrote:
4 > I am potentially interested in the Portage Tags project, or something
5 > involving improving the wireless support for Gentoo installs.
6 > Potential expansions to the Portage projects I am considering are
7 > improving the search speed, and an auto-complete similar to Debian's.
10 For search speed take a look at app-portage/eix. If auto-completer means
11 telling what to install to get certain binaries then it's quite hard to
12 implement because the set of installed files depend on USE flags and and
13 requires actually building all the packages to get the list.
14
15 Regards,
16 Petteri