From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Gaurish Sharma <contact@×××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o, Joachim Bartosik <jbartosik@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Re: [GSOC 2012] Recruiting Webapp idea
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 21:07:44
1 On 04.04.2012 21:18, Gaurish Sharma wrote:
4 > b) the User interface is old, dated & just boring. We need a fresh theme.
5
6 CSS work is nice as long as we don't spend too much time on it.
7 Usability is more important than looking good. In some situations they
8 of course go hand in hand.
11 > 2) updating to Rails 3.0:
12 > Sure, I can do it. Why not update to latest version of rails v3.2.3,
13 > any specific reason to stick with 3.0?
16 The hobo plugin we used currently only has a stable release out for
17 rails 3.0. There does seem to be work going for 3.1 so we could target
18 that instead after checking the hobo timetable for getting 1.4 out
19 (which is needed for rails 3.1).
20
21 > 3) Fix Existing Bugs:
22 > I looked at bugzilla, and there are plenty of bugs (37 to be exact)
23 > that need love[4]. so we can fix those as part of project, if their
24 > scope if not too large.
27 Some of the issues listed are bugs and some are more exactly enhancement
28 requests.
29
30 > Now,
31 > Please let me know if there are some additional changes required or
32 > how changes in current scope are needed. so, that I can modify my
33 > rough proposal draft accordingly. Thank you
36 You should scope the draft proposal so that you yourself think there's
37 enough work to fill the whole GSoC for you. If think the items listed so
38 far are not enough for that feel free to ask for more ideas.
39
40 Regards,
41 Petteri