From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] [report 6.11-6.17] Daemons in Gentoo Prefix with OpenRC
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:19:14
1 Hey Luca,
2
3 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> writes:
4
5 > Let's try to get the basis of evaluation for a boot system:
6 >
7 > - The checklist on the openrc wiki
8
9 ok, at present we have sysvinit, Upstart, systemd and OpenRC. I will try
10 to add smf and launchd in the same style.
11
12 > - boot time
13 > - how many seconds to go from boot to desktop?
14 > - how many seconds to go from boot to *usable* desktop?
15 > Beware that some systems use a number of stupid (IMHO) tricks to
16 > to get the first number down, so you end up with a desktop but
17 > not fully usable. (Hi MacOSX Lion)
18 > - how many seconds to get the network up and a service running?
19 > - shutdown time
20 > - how many seconds to go from running to halt?
21 > Apparently people care about it as well
22
23 Hmm, let me try. I guess they can be just a raw reference. because the
24 software and hardware involved are different.
25
26 Cheers,
27 Benda