From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] [SOC Ebuild generator project] Introduction and C&C
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 01:27:44
1 On 16:56 Mon 21 Mar , Brian Dolbec wrote:
2 > There is an app called shogun-toolbox http://www.shogun-toolbox.org/
3 >
4 > that is designed specifically for machine learning. It has many
5 > interface capabilities including python (which they state has the most
6 > complete documentation). There is also many examples for it's use.
7 >
8 > I personally don't know nearly enough about it to know what modeling
9 > methods might be suitable or even if there is one suitable for this
10 > type of model. But I think should be investigated. Implemented this
11 > would have the potential to increase it's success rate over time,
12 > reducing developer load even more.
13
14 This sounds like something that might be beyond a GSoC project to
15 develop a standalone code base. It would probably work better next year
16 as an enhancement, if this year's project to build an initial working
17 application worked out well.
18
19 What I would do instead is a "smart" detection using things like
20 flex/bison/pybison. You could first detect the buildsystem type
21 (autotools/cmake/distutils/etc) based on file existence. Then you would
22 parse the build files using the syntax described for your lexical
23 analyzer/parser to build a basic understanding of what build-time
24 options are available and offer them as USE flags. You could also do
25 similar things to detect dependencies by understanding their syntax in
26 the source code.
29 Thanks,
30 Donnie
31