From: Patrice Clement <clement.patrice@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] [GSoC status] Web-based image builder
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 21:21:59
1 Friday 19 Jun 2009 16:55:23 (-0400), Eitan Mosenkis wrote :
2 > This is my first weekly status report, so I'll introduce my project a
3 > little. I'm building a web-based application in PHP (with MySQL) that
4 > will allow the user to build a customized image of a linux
5 > installation. The intent is to support various different
6 > architectures/profiles, using the binary packages currently found on
7 > tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org. Users should be able to produce tarballs
8 > or, I hope, ISO images, etc.
9
10 Hi Eitan,
11
12 This project seems very interesting. I've heard, 6 months ago, of a web-based
13 appliance like the one you are coding, launched by SuSE and called "SuSE
14 Studio" [1]. Sadly, SuSE Studio seems to propose to build only SuSE-based ISOs..
15 (and I'm not a big fan of SuSE). I hope you'll propose more choices to
16 end-users. :D
17
18 Good luck succeeding in your task!
19