From: Jeremy Huddleston <eradicator@g.o>
To: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
Cc: x11@g.o, gentoo-sparc@l.g.o, spyderous@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] Re: Modular X testing on sparc
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:58:56
On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 15:16 +0000, Ferris McCormick wrote:
> With x11-base/xorg-server-0.99.1-r5, the missing sparc-specific source > files are no longer missing, and one build cycle runs successfully. > > However, suppose that you want to build it more than once, and suppose > you are using the 'eselect opengl ...' version of opengl-update: > x11-base/opengl-update-3.0.0. Then, the symbolic > links /usr/include/GL/gl.h -> /usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/include/gl.h etc. > (all but 2 of the 7 required) disappear, and a second build of > xorg-server fails with "cannot include GL/glxproto.h - type messages.
Is this specific to the eselect module and not the 2.x series? Do you have the eselect-opengl-1.0.1? There was a bug in 1.0.0 that looks like what you describe, and I fixed it in 1.0.1 before removing it from package.mask... but I did the commits about the same time, so I suppose there could've been a concurrency issue...
> In other words, the header files provided by the glproto and mesa > packages are not available to xorg-server when it builds (nor to > anything else which expects them to be in /usr/include/GL...). > > eselect-opengl establishes glext.h, glxext.h, but I cannot find how the > rest of the GL/... headers are supposed to get setup.
they should be located in /usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/include
> If you create the links by hand, everything seems to build fine. (But > after each build or xorg-server, if you want to rebuild for some reason, > you need to reestablish the links, because the opengl-update helpfully > removes them.)
Please verify that you have eselect-opengl-1.0.1.