From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Bulk] [gentoo-user] Re: Udev update and persistent net rules changes
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 13:29:25
1 On 04/01/2013 09:12 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 1 Apr 2013 13:57:42 +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
3 >
4 >> I still don't understand what's so bad with MAC-based identification? I
5 >> mean, uniqueness defined through MAC Address identity, the system name
6 >> is just a label...
7 >
8 > MAC addresses are not human-friendly. It would be OK if you could set up
9 > aliases, so your firewall rules could use enaabbccddeeff while you could
10 > still type eth0.
14 Frankly, I never found 'eth0' to be particularly friendly, either. Hence
15 why I like naming my interfaces things like 'wan', 'wifilan' and 'wiredlan'.