From: Sean Lester <SFLester@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Adsl, rp-ppoe and new IP assignment
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 01:06:49
1 Greetings to the group,
2 First, if this is not the first time you've seen this I apologize.
3 I lost all of my last 24hrs of email. And, I didn't see this on the
4 reflectors. So, I appreciate your patience - thank you.
5
6 I have been running pppoe by roaring penguin for a couple of years
7 now. Everything works fine when I bring up the network (my interface
8 comes up, an ip is assigned, my firewall is configured, and dns2go is
9 fired up). This runs fine as long as my ISP doesn't change my IP
10 address. I have a file called ip-up.local in the etc/ppp directory that
11 coordinates all of this, so I think the if-up.local is working.
12
13 Once my ISP changes my IP, my network is hung (meaning I can't get out
14 and routing is messed up). If I type "route" I don't have a default
15 route anymore. If I run adsl-status, it'll tell me that it's up.
16 However, I'm not so sure it is. What I have to do is run adsl-stop,
17 adsl-start, than the iptables configuration. What is different here,
18 then at startup? Any advice?
19
20 Thank You
21 Sean