From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 20:36:04
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > One interesting small point I got out of the docs that Neil pointed me
3 > toward: That since linux-2.6 we're all using an initramfs "The 2.6
4 > kernel build process always creates a gzipped cpio format initramfs
5 > archive and links it into the resulting kernel binary. By default,
6 > this archive is empty (consuming 134 bytes on x86)." So it's a nit but
7 > no one should be saying "I don't use an init thingy" but rather "My
8 > init thingy is empty and has no jobs to do on my system". (Or at least
9 > that's my understanding...) - Mark
12 Hence it will not fail, right? Adding another point of failure is my
13 problem with this. As I have said before, when I was using Mandriva,
14 then Mandrake, the init thingy would fail on a regular basis. It is one
15 reason I left Mandriva. I got tired of the breakage and Gentoo didn't
16 need one. So, here I am, good or bad. ;-)
17
18 Dale
19
23 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!