From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How can I reset mount-count?
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 20:09:43
1 Hi,
2 I use one drive just for backup, co I mount/unmount it only when
3 I need it (quite frequently). Since some time I started getting
4 these messages in /var/log/kernel.log:
5
6 kernel: kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
7 kernel: EXT3-fs warning: maximal mount count reached, running e2fsck is
8 recommended
9 kernel: EXT3 FS on sda1, internal journal
10 kernel: EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
11
12 So I unmounted /dev/sda1 and checked partition as recommended:
13 e2fsck -f /dev/sda1
14
15 All tests passed, no errors reported, output seems normal.
16 But when I mount it, I get the above mentioned message again.
17 Apparently, mount-counter has not been reset. So how can I
18 reset it?
19
20 I think, that message indicate that fsck will check that
21 partition while doing next backup. I would like to avoid
22 it, as it is rather large partition (2TB) with a lot of
23 files, and fsck takes quite long time...
24
25 Jarry
29 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
30 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.