From: Willie <matthews.willie@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Unexpected Power Loss!
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 00:44:55
1 Hey Everyone,
2
3 I have been dealing with this problem for awhile now. It seems that
4 whenever I am in Linux my computer will just turn off. Not shutdown like I
5 did "shutdown -r now". Just completely off out of the blue at random times.
6 I have been reading the logs but there is nothing helpful at all. It is
7 never the same thing on the logs when it does just shutdown. Sometime I can
8 boot up and it will go off when it says "Waiting for udev events to finish"
9 or something like that.
10
11 I haven't done any major upgrades in awhile, there is really nothing
12 different. I installed Windows last night to see if it is a hardware thing
13 but nope it stays on. I also tried reinstalling Gentoo on a couple of
14 occasions on another Hard Drive but it just shutdown while I was getting it
15 done.
16
17 Any help is greatly appreciated. I really don't want to be in Windows after
18 I spent all that time customizing my XFCE4 desktop.
22 Willie Matthews
23 matthews.willie@×××××.com