From: Curtis Napier <curtis119@g.o>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [www-redesign] status of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 07:18:43
This has been cross posted to gentoo-dev and www-redesign.

http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org

After receiving a ton of very useful feedback from the developer
community I have updated the redesign. It should now be closer to 100%
accessible and it should (hopefully) render perfectly in all browsers
including text only browsers. It now passes XHTML and CSS validation tests.

I'm asking for everyone (developers and users alike) to please have a
look at the updated site and send any feedback you may have. I'm
especially interested in feedback from anyone who uses accessibilty
programs such as screen readers or if you are color blind or have any
other accessibilty issues.

Also, I only use GNU/Linux and I have only tested on the following browsers:

Mozilla-1.7
firefox-1.0
Opera-8.5
Internet Explorer-6 under CrossOver Office
Epiphany-1.8.2
Links-2.1 in text mode and graphics mode.

If you have access to a Macintosh, Windows, *BSD or any other OS or
Browser please test the site and include your OS and the browser version
in your feedback. I haven't received feedback from Konqueror or Safari
so feedback from those browsers would be much appreciated.

The only major outstanding issue is the contents of the menu in the grey
bar at the top and what should appear in the 5 purple boxes directly
under them. Currently I have that menu listed in order of what a new
Gentoo user would need to access first. If you have a better idea of
what should be included in this menu or think something important is
being left out please send that in your feedback as well.

Thanks in advance

Curtis