From: Keith Wessel <keith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-accessibility] Brltty and systemd?
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 17:47:05
1 Thanks for the quick reply, Chris.
2
3 I haven't been brave enough to reboot into my system-based system yet, but
4 when I do, I'll try this service script. It's a bit more thorough than the
5 one I whipped up. I'll report back on how it works for my system.
6
7 I haven't gotten into espeakup or software synths yet on my system. I'm
8 still on mourning that my new system from a year ago doesn't have on-board
9 serial ports and thus my good old Dectalk Express is now useless. I should
10 do something with this sooner or later, though. For now, I just panic and go
11 find my wife to read the screen whenever I can't get brltty going. ;)
12
13 Thanks again,
14 Keith
17 -----Original Message-----
18 From: Chris Brannon [mailto:teiresias@g.o]
19 Sent: Monday, February 03, 2014 11:16 AM
20 To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
21 Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] Brltty and systemd?
22
23 "Keith Wessel" <keith@××××××.com> writes:
24
25 > Are there any plans to add a system service script to the brltty
26 > ebuild?
27
28 I don't mind adding it, but I'm not really in a position to test it.
29 Here's the one that Arch uses:
30 https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/plain/trunk/brltty.serv
31 ice?h=packages/brltty
32 I can add that one if it works for you. If you have something that
33 works better, please send it, and I'll add that instead.
34
35 Also we need a systemd service for espeakup. I think someone was going
36 to test the one from Arch, but I don't remember whether they ever did.
37 I'll look through my list archives...
38 Anyway, hopefully we'll have .service files for both very soon.
39
40 -- Chris