From: "Michael J. Astrauskas" <trevie@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] Brltty and systemd?
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 02:29:11
1 Keith,
2
3 Have you tried a USB-to-serial converter? A forum post at
4 http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~priestdo/emacspeak/2013/msg00582.html
5 <http://www.cs.vassar.edu/%7Epriestdo/emacspeak/2013/msg00582.html>
6 suggests it'll work for you.
9 - Michael
10
11 On 2/3/2014 9:46 AM, Keith Wessel wrote:
12 > I haven't gotten into espeakup or software synths yet on my system. I'm
13 > still on mourning that my new system from a year ago doesn't have on-board
14 > serial ports and thus my good old Dectalk Express is now useless. I should
15 > do something with this sooner or later, though. For now, I just panic and go
16 > find my wife to read the screen whenever I can't get brltty going. ;)
17 >
18 > Thanks again,
19 > Keith