From: Zachary Kline <z_kline@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] out-of-date ebuilds?
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 02:56:38
     (For some reason my emails to the list haven't been getting through
using my old address, so I subscribed this one...)
I've noticed that several accessibility-related ebuilds are out of sync with
the latest available from the upstream sources.  Orca comes to mind, as does
Emacspeak and Speechd-El.  I'm not terribly familiar with the Gentoo ebuild
creation process, nor with who, if anyone, is supposed to maintain these.  I
do notice, for instance, that Orca is at 2.1 upstream and 1.00 here.  I
don't want to fall behind, if possible, in terms of features and such.
Is this an issue which I should report elsewhere?  Should I try to make
ebuilds for these packages myself?
Thanks much,