From: Ruud Koolen <redlizard@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefix-overlay upcoming repository change
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 19:44:36
1 On Sunday 26 January 2014 19:18:55 Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 26-01-2014 16:48:33 +0100, Ruud Koolen wrote:
3 > > Something went seriously wrong here: lots of patches are missing from the
4 > > overlay. Bootstrapping with LATEST_TREE_YES=1 fails when building sed due
5 > > to a missing sed-4.1.4-makeinfo-c-locale.patch, and bash runs into the
6 > > same problem.
7 > >
8 > > I already fixed missing patches in sys-libs/readline, but found out
9 > > immediately afterwards that the problem is more widespread. I don't know
10 > > how widespread exactly, but you probably want to have a look at what
11 > > exactly went wrong in the import process.
12 >
13 > Odd, I took the tree before your commits, and it happily compiles
14 > without problems (nothing missing). That is, for me the Manifest wasn't
15 > broken, and no patches appeared to be missing. Same for sed.
16
17 Very strange. You can compile sed? I cannot compile sed due to an invalid
18 Manifest on my vanilla prefix install right now (after an emerge --sync), and
19 as I said it breaks for the same reasons when bootstrapping with
20 LATEST_TREE_YES. amd64-linux, debian squeeze.
21
22 Can you confirm, by manual inspection, that sed-4.1.4-makeinfo-c-locale.patch
23 is mentioned in the Manifest but not present in the tree?
24
25 > The patch you mention isn't supposed to be in the ebuilds as far as it
26 > appears to me... ?!?
27
28 Indeed, it looks like the sed patch could in fact be removed without a
29 problem. The readline patch in my commit could not, though -- I think we can
30 agree that
31 http://prefix.gentooexperimental.org/hg/prefix-tree/file/ceb1b3177485/sys-libs/readline
32 uses, but does not contain, 5.0-no_rpath.patch .