From: Michael Weiser <michael@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] removal of some Prefix keywords
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 19:00:30
1 Hi Fabian,
2
3 On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 08:50:38PM +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
4
5 > ppc-macos
6
7 > ppc-macos is a hard one for me personally, it's the first Prefix arch
8 > ever, but I'm not aware of anyone having such machine. I'm considering
9
10 I have a couple of iBook G4s sitting around and wanted to get
11 llvm/clang-3.4+ going on them. But realistically, that effort is stalled
12 and not likely to be revived.
13
14 Dropping ppc-macos would greatly simplify the binutils-apple package by
15 removing those huge, pet-project ppc-support restoration patches I
16 introduced. The 8.0/8.1 update is pending anyways - I have preliminary
17 ebuilds olocally and got stuck in updating exactly those PPC patches.
18
19 BTW: Is there an OS X version support cutoff for x86/x64-macos? I'd
20 guess, no one is really running 10.4/10.5 on Intel hardware any more, or
21 is there?
22 --
23 Thanks,
24 Michael