From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefix repo_name gentoo_prefix vs. gentoo
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2016 08:09:15
1 On 02-09-2016 15:56:37 +0200, Michael Weiser wrote:
2 > Hi Fabian,
3 >
4 > On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:36:24AM +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
5 > > > > !!! Section 'gentoo' in repos.conf has name different from repository name 'gentoo_prefix' set inside repository
6 > > Well, the thing is, that the gentoo_prefix repo is different from the
7 > > gentoo repo. So giving it the same name is conceptually wrong,
8 > > confusing and also annoying if you happen to use both at the same time
9 > > for it utterly confuses the package manager.
10 >
11 > Okay, I didn't know that was even possible.
12 >
13 > > This problem needs a fix somehow though, but sine our portage is long
14 > > behind mainline, it warrants updating and fixing it first before looking
15 > > into fixing this problem IMO.
16 >
17 > Is there anything I can do to help without sinking a week into getting
18 > up to speed on differences of prefix and standard portage and how to
19 > rebase them to current?
20
21 I'm affraid not, I'll just have to find the time to merge. An extra
22 trickyness is that since 2.3 they split out repoman into a separate
23 thing, so I need to ensure our changes there move over.
24
25 Fabian
28 Fabian Groffen
29 Gentoo on a different level