From: Michael Weiser <michael@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefix repo_name gentoo_prefix vs. gentoo
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 14:00:42
1 Hi Fabian,
2
3 On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:36:24AM +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
4 > > > !!! Section 'gentoo' in repos.conf has name different from repository name 'gentoo_prefix' set inside repository
5 > Well, the thing is, that the gentoo_prefix repo is different from the
6 > gentoo repo. So giving it the same name is conceptually wrong,
7 > confusing and also annoying if you happen to use both at the same time
8 > for it utterly confuses the package manager.
9
10 Okay, I didn't know that was even possible.
11
12 > This problem needs a fix somehow though, but sine our portage is long
13 > behind mainline, it warrants updating and fixing it first before looking
14 > into fixing this problem IMO.
15
16 Is there anything I can do to help without sinking a week into getting
17 up to speed on differences of prefix and standard portage and how to
18 rebase them to current?
19 --
20 Michael