From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefix repo_name gentoo_prefix vs. gentoo
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2016 13:46:14
1 So I tracked this weird behaviour down to the alias = gentoo setting we
2 did in layout.conf. Since mainline doesn't use this, and I don't think
3 we need it any more (there's only one true repo(tm)) I've removed that
4 from rsync. The warning disappears. Portage would for some reason
5 rename gentoo_prefix to gentoo internally, and then load the thing again
6 as gentoo_prefix, basically ending up with two identical repos, of which
7 one with the "wrong" name gentoo. You only saw this on occasions where
8 e.g. portageq was called from portage because it would pick up the
9 REPOSITORIES_CONFIGURATION setting, which contained the faulty repo,
10 that the original Portage instance didn't see (even though it created
11 that env-setting).
12
13 I hope my fix solves this, and doesn't introduce new problems.
14
15 Fabian
16