From: Peter Ansell <ansell.peter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] alt-prefix newbie question...
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 03:57:08
1 2010/1/6 Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>:
2 > velociraptor wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I was wondering, please, if the more experienced of you had any
5 >> suggestions for ebuild guides that were more oriented towards
6 >> alt-prefix users?  Everything I've looked at thus far is very much
7 >> oriented towards having a complete Gentoo system.  Barring that,
8 >> perhaps something a little more "step-by-step" tutorials, rather than
9 >> theoretically oriented?
10 >>
11 >> I would like to create my own ebuild for Netatalk as I know this
12 >> compiles fine on Solaris, and all the dependencies are currently
13 >> available the Solaris alt-prefix portage tree.
14 >>
15 >> Thanks in advance--
16 >> =Nadine=
19 > Gentoo Prefix ebuilds are the same as Gentoo Linux except for the changes
20 > outlined in our techdocs[1]. It might be easier for people to answer if you
21 > had a specific questions.
22
23 I think it was a specific question. What steps do you use to create a
24 prefix ebuild. That document is hard to understand in my opinion and I
25 know what the prefix is supposed to do. It is definitely not a simple
26 step by step guide for someone wanting to create an ebuild themselves
27 as it is designed as a technical description to define the exact
28 semantics of "EPREFIX" and related variables in different situations.
29 It would do well to have some example ebuilds embedded into the
30 document that utilise each of the variables.
31
32 Cheers,
33
34 Peter