From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Using Gentoo Prefix to support a more recent version of Eclipse?
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 14:39:48
1 Hi Rabbe,
2
3 Rabbe Fogelholm <rabbe@×××××××.se> writes:
4
5 > I have a situation where Gentoo Prefix may possibly help.
6 >
7 > I want to run Eclipse with a plugin for Erlang development. The plugin
8 > requires me to use a recent version of Eclipse. However, the platform
9 > that I am stuck with is Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS, which has an old GTK 3
10 > version, which would force me to use Eclipse "Oxygen", not compatible
11 > with the Erlang plugin.
12 >
13 > So, I am wondering: If I can get Gentoo Prefix set up, with presumably
14 > an up-to-date version of GTK 3, could I then hope that this Eclipse
15 > can find the newer GTK 3 and run happily?
16
17 Yes, Gentoo Prefix will help. That said, it might not work out of the
18 box. I don't know anyone who is using Eclipse on Gentoo Prefix.
19
20 You can expect bugs along your way to the destiny. And that's a good
21 way to contribute to Prefix by sharing your findings and solutions
22 through the bugzilla.
23
24 Yours,
25 Benda