From: Johan Hattne <johan.hattne@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] doxygen-1.5.4 issues
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 09:55:54
1 On Dec 1, 2007, at 14:25 , Fabian Groffen wrote:
2
3 > On 30-11-2007 10:55:57 +0100, Johan Hattne wrote:
4 >> Now I'm having issues with doxygen.
5 >
6 > I don't understand why the darwin9 patch is necessary at all. As I
7 > don't have such machine myself (at the moment) I can't test. However,
8 > it looks very wrong, so I will disable the patch for now.
9 >
10 > libiconv is libiconv, so it shouldn't differ in signature, right?
11
12 I thought so, too! But it makes me wonder where the patch originally
13 came from. On darwin8 iconv() takes a const argument, and I find it
14 difficult to believe that darwin9 downgraded libiconv or otherwise
15 changed this behaviour.
16
17 In any case, I think doxygen should depend on libiconv in order to
18 avoid future breakage due to accidental inclusion of any strange
19 libiconv the system may have lying around.
20
21 And forget about the patch I sent last time. While I think that this
22 is the sort of thing a configure script should probe for, it won't
23 work because the compiler, preprocessor flags, etc, etc, aren't known
24 by Doxygen's homebrew configuration tool. I can't see how a
25 configure script like that is going to test whether calling iconv()
26 needs a cast or not. It seems just as dangerous as trying to derive
27 the implementation of libiconv by looking at the name of the
28 operating system.
29
30 // Cheers; Johan
33 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list