From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefix overlay moved from svn to mercurial
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 12:11:05
1 On 17-01-2014 13:00:58 +0100, Burcin Erocal wrote:
2 > Now that overlays.gentoo.org is back and the SVN repository works again,
3 > do you plan to go back to using the original repository?
4
5 Since Gentoo infra has expressed before that they would rather get rid
6 of it, than to keep on supporting it, no. I think the mercurial version
7 is more beneficial for everyone involved.
8
9 > I maintain a git mirror of the prefix-overlay repository [1] for the
10 > update scripts in lmonade [2]
11
12 Cool, I didn't know. I intended to import the svn history, but it takes
13 a long while, and I frankly don't know what's the benefit. So unless
14 someone has an urgent need for the old history, I think I'll keep it as
15 is, since the point of the repo is to disappear anyway.
16
17 > I am asking to see if I should change the cron jobs to convert from the
18 > mercurial repo instead of SVN.
19
20 I think you should. Not sure what kind of mess it caused for you, but
21 if I can do something for you to make it easier, then let me know.
22
23 Thanks,
24 Fabian
27 Fabian Groffen