From: Burcin Erocal <burcin@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefix overlay moved from svn to mercurial
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 12:01:12
1 On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 21:41:26 +0100
2 Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Due to overlays.gentoo.org being down [1], I've imported the last copy
5 > the rsync master had into a Mercurial clone [2] hosted on
6 > prefix.gentooexperimental.org. If you want/need push access to the
7 > prefix-overlay, please send me an ssh key.
8 >
9 > Since overlays.gentoo.org is hosted at a company that no longer
10 > exists, and most of the people that worked there have moved
11 > elsewhere, I suspect it might not return soon, if at all. Therefore
12 > I created a Mercurial clone. Why Mercurial? because we already had a
13 > Mercurial setup up and runing on prefix.gentooexperimental.org (where
14 > the rsync master is as well). Since prefix.gentooexperimental.org is
15 > under our full control (e.g. not infra) this is easiest to run for
16 > the time being the overlay needs to exist.
17 >
18 > Should you have any questions, feel free to ask them,
19
20 Now that overlays.gentoo.org is back and the SVN repository works again,
21 do you plan to go back to using the original repository?
22
23 I maintain a git mirror of the prefix-overlay repository [1] for the
24 update scripts in lmonade [2]
25
26 [1] https://bitbucket.org/lmnd/prefix-overlay
27
28 [2] http://www.lmona.de/
29
30 I am asking to see if I should change the cron jobs to convert from the
31 mercurial repo instead of SVN.
34 Thank you.
35
36 Cheers,