From: Michael Yang <yangofzeal@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Bash failed. Are errors normal?
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:17:48
2 > I have my installer script ready so far, but it still does not go to
3 > the end. The next problem I run into is this thingy with pax-utils
4 > complaining about shebangs.
7 I also got errors with shebangs during bootstrap, and it didn't used to
8 happen. Very frustrating. The problem was that /bin/bash was picked up
9 instead of prefix bash in
10 $EPREFIX/usr/lib/portage/bin/ebuild-helpers/doman. Altering the file such
11 that the first line read #!$EPREFIX/bin/bash ($EPREFIX replaced with the
12 absolute path to PREFIX install) fixed this.
13
14 I too have found myself picking through the Sun, MacOS, and FreeBSD
15 instructions but they quickly become outdated and require a lot of
16 workarounds. The same procedure that works on one architecture will often
17 break within a month or so when new portage & gentoo features come into
18 effect (e.g. the shebang error, -protect-owned in portage-2.2), which makes
19 it even harder for beginners to get through a bootstrap (like Al)
20
21 Has anyone ever considered setting up an automated build system (& waterfall
22 report) similar to google's chrome dev that runs a working bootstrap script
23 on different architectures each evening? It would facilitate the entire
24 process for beginners.