From: Michael Weiser <michael@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] gemato in prefix
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 20:30:47
1 Hi Fabian,
2
3 On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 08:41:57PM +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
4
5 > Thing is I once believed Portage checked manifest and all, but it seems
6 > not to do anything any more, so my idea of things being OK may have been
7
8 I also was a bit surprised to find that portage didn't authenticate and
9 verify the tree at all. Stumbling over webrsync more or less by
10 accident, I've been using it as the next best thing in the interim.
11
12 From what I was able to find on the net, there's never been any
13 actual implementation before Michal Gorny started gemato (see
14 https://www.gentoo.org/glep/glep-0074.html#motivation wrt GLEP-58 from
15 2008 never being implemented). After using gemato on Gentoo Linux as a
16 very early adopter I'm eager to get something comparable going in Prefix
17 Mac.
18
19 How can I help?
20 --