From: Martin Herrman <martin@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Ext3 to ext4
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 06:04:40
1 Hi Nathan and Florian,
2
3 thanks for both your replies. Running / in ext4 now :-)
4
5 tunefs command was really quick (which I didn't expect), but during
6 the reboot I had to run an fsck manually. Dmesg now shows me that the
7 filesystem has some unknown attributes to ext3 and next mounts it as
8 ext4.
9
10 Just another 2 questions:
11 - Florian, what kind of tuning for raid-0 are you pointing at? (i only
12 have the noatime in /etc/fstab)
13 - I read that increasing the commit field will increase the amount of
14 data that can be lost in a power failure, but increases performance.
15 When I put it in /etc/fstab, for example with a value of 30 seconds,
16 the /etc/mtab file shows me 'noatime,commit=30,noatime=0'. Dmesg final
17 line says "EXT4-fs (md3): re-mounted. Opts: commit=0". Should I
18 increse this value, and how?
19
20 Thanks,
21