From: "Conway S. Smith" <beolach@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Thread-hijacking
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 23:05:45
1 On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 09:30:57 -0400
2 Richard Freeman <rich@××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
3 <snip>
4 > ... I typically use thunderbird ...
5 >
6 > I wish I could keep it from merging identical subjects into the same
7 > thread. On rare occasion I get emails with no subject from family and
8 > they end up buried in my inbox under another email with a similarly
9 > useless subject line...
10
11 I just recently switched from using thunderbird to using
12 sylpheed-claws, because I found this and a few other behaviors of
13 thunderbird to not be to my liking. But actually in the process of
14 migrating stuff from thunderbird to sylpheed-claws, I found the option
15 to stop thunderbird from threading by subject:
16 Edit->Preferences->Config Editor, Filter "thread", and change
17 mail.strict_threading from false to true. Or at least, that's SUPPOSED
18 to do it, but like the options to not put the graphical bar by quoted
19 parts of an email, doesn't actually do anything (at least for me)...
20
21 A link: <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Stop_threading_by_subject>
24 Hope it works for you,
25 Conway S. Smith