From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Printer Setup
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:29:31
1 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2 > Probably an MFC-7420, like mine, or possibly one of it's "big brothers."
3 > They have cups, lpd, and sane drivers available for x86 linux, but no
4 > support for other arches (including x86_64) last time I checked. They do
5 > have a separate cups driver that allows faxing from your desktop.
6 >
7 > As I'm on x86_64 and don't need a scanner much, I looked for other cups
8 > drivers that were available from portage and found the
9 > Brother MFC-9600 Foomatic/hl1250' driver worked fine for simple printing.
10
11 Actually, cups drivers are binaries, so you could just use the x86
12 driver on a x86_64 system. It shouldn't really be slower either.
13
14 Paul
17 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list