From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How much value does llvm provide for a low-use laptop?
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 05:42:11
1 Mark Knecht posted on Mon, 17 Apr 2017 21:15:00 -0700 as excerpted:
2
3 > Geez Duncan, get over it.
4
5 I was over it. One sentence request as I was answering the question that
6 was asked. That was it.
7
8 Until someone (not you!) questioned that one sentence request and I
9 needed to fill in the reasoning behind it.
10
11 > I don't send HTML by default and you know that.
12
13 +1 =:^)
14
15 > If you don't want to read and respond then don't, but get over the idea
16 > that you alone are the keeper of what's right for 7 billion people on
17 > the Internet and move on.
18
19 I have a simple rule. When I reply to an HTML mail, I ask that people
20 turn it off. But only if I'm replying for other reasons, and it's
21 normally short and polite. As it was here. (Tho sometimes I explain why
22 in the first post too, but I still try to keep it brief and to the
23 point... relatively, for my posts, anyway.)
24
25 If it happens repeatedly, I may killfile. But I don't at first, because
26 I've found the short request, making people aware of the problem, is
27 often enough to get them to fix it, especially if I'm answering as best I
28 can whatever else at the same time. =:^)
29
30 FWIW, I actually believe people have the /right/ to post in html if they
31 wish, but I have the right to ask them to stop, too, and to killfile if
32 they ultimately don't. Fortunately, I don't often need to do so, because
33 as I said, most people aren't too assertive of that /right/ if asked
34 nicely by someone trying to answer their posted question at the same time.
35
36 Of course it sometimes gets a longer discussion going too or instead, as
37 it did here.
42 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman