From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] fsck seems to screw up my harddisk
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:46:41
1 On 11/27/06, Guido Doornberg <guidodoornberg@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Well, I want to use Gentoo but i don't realy like the idea of spoiling
3 > my weekend by installing an OS thats gonna stop working 30 times
4 > booting later.
5
6 I doubt this is really Gentoo-specific.
7
8 > So, does anyone know whats wrong here and how i can prevent that it
9 > happens again?
10
11 What kernel are you using? Can you post your emerge --info?
12
13 My initial guesses are one of:
14
15 1. You are using some experimental kernel that is corrupting the filesystem
16
17 or
18
19 2. That your old power supply is not sufficient for your new
20 components, and this is showing up as an occasional IO/DMA error on
21 the hard disk.
22
23 -Richard
24 --