From: Josh Sled <jsled@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] make.conf for the install CD?
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 17:42:52
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> writes:
2 > 2) Poking around the running environment things seem to work and it's
3 > nicely up to date with a new kernel, etc. One thing I didn't find
4 > though was /etc/make.conf.
5 >
6 > I'm curious as to where I might get a copy of make.conf to see how
7 > gcc flags were set up for this CD? If there isn't a specific file then
8 > is there some way to get the flag settings from some other tool?
9
10 /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example
11
12 I too noticed that /etc/make.conf wasn't part of the autobuilt stage3,
13 but had forgotten to report it.
14
15 > Also, is there an AMD64 Quick Install guide? I did this AMD64
16 > install 5 years ago and there wasn't in those days. I'm only spotting
17 > x86 now.
18
19 Just the AMD64 handbook, I believe,
20 <http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-amd64.xml>. I'd guess
21 the quick-install guide is more of a rough guide, is reasonable
22 arch-agnostic, but is no substitute for the handbook, really.
23 --
24 ...jsled
25 http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}