From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] make.conf for the install CD?
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 18:00:58
1 On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Josh Sled<jsled@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> writes:
3 >> 2) Poking around the running environment things seem to work and it's
4 >> nicely up to date with a new kernel, etc. One thing I didn't find
5 >> though was /etc/make.conf.
6 >>
7 >>    I'm curious as to where I might get a copy of make.conf to see how
8 >> gcc flags were set up for this CD? If there isn't a specific file then
9 >> is there some way to get the flag settings from some other tool?
10 >
11 > /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example
12 >
13 > I too noticed that /etc/make.conf wasn't part of the autobuilt stage3,
14 > but had forgotten to report it.
15
16 Thanks. I'll boot it again today and double check it and I'm sure
17 you're right about it being there but I'm wondering how to ensure it's
18 really what was used for the boot CD? It's not critical - more my
19 curiosity at this point.
22 >>    Also, is there an AMD64 Quick Install guide? I did this AMD64
23 >> install 5 years ago and there wasn't in those days. I'm only spotting
24 >> x86 now.
25 >
26 > Just the AMD64 handbook, I believe,
27 > <http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-amd64.xml>.  I'd guess
28 > the quick-install guide is more of a rough guide, is reasonable
29 > arch-agnostic, but is no substitute for the handbook, really.
30
31 Yeah, right about that.
32
33 Thanks!