From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] make.conf for the install CD?
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 18:34:07
1 On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Mark Knecht<markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Josh Sled<jsled@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> writes:
4 >>> 2) Poking around the running environment things seem to work and it's
5 >>> nicely up to date with a new kernel, etc. One thing I didn't find
6 >>> though was /etc/make.conf.
7 >>>
8 >>>    I'm curious as to where I might get a copy of make.conf to see how
9 >>> gcc flags were set up for this CD? If there isn't a specific file then
10 >>> is there some way to get the flag settings from some other tool?
11 >>
12 >> /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example
13 >>
14 >> I too noticed that /etc/make.conf wasn't part of the autobuilt stage3,
15 >> but had forgotten to report it.
16 >
17 > Thanks. I'll boot it again today and double check it and I'm sure
18 > you're right about it being there but I'm wondering how to ensure it's
19 > really what was used for the boot CD? It's not critical - more my
20 > curiosity at this point.
23 OK, so having booted the install CD again and looking at
24 /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example it seems that no CFLAGS
25 are set in the example file. Maybe this is the way that the install CD
26 is built, but I suspect that they probably use the first line which is
27 commented out, if not more:
28
29 CFLAGS="-mtune=k8 -O2 -pipe"
30