From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Why Is Gentoo So Far Behind?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 04:58:26
1 On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:48:24 -0700
2 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Personally I'm happy with pure stable most of the
5 > time so it doesn't effect me much.
8 I am also definitely happy with the Gentoo system that I have built,
9 but I was just wondering about the reason for the apparent lag in
10 putting out the latest versions.
11
12 Hopefully the lack of manpower doesn't reflect a growing tend,
13 that is, a decline of Gentoo.
14
15 > On the other hand Portage is so flexible that you could write a few
16 > ebuilds for packages you're interested in and pretty much be there as
17 > soon as you desire...
20 That is a good solution. It's a lot of learning a lot of work, but
21 it's a good solution.
22
23 Frank Peters