From: Wil Reichert <wil.reichert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] [100% OFF TOPIC] Where does one learn about running vmware under Gentoo?
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:42:36
1 On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Steve Herber <herber@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I would suggest VirtualBox. It just installed easily for me. I am
4 >> running it on my system with stable gentoo-sources kernel.
5 >>
6 >> I just never had as much success with VMWare.
7 >>
8 >> Good luck,
9 >> --
10 >> Steve Herber herber@×××××.com work: 206-221-7262
11 >> Security Engineer, UW Medicine, IT Services home: 425-454-2399
14 > So that's a couple of votes for Virtual-Box. (That's from Sun
15 > correct?) emerge virtualbox-bin? It seems to want me to fetch
16 > something first. I'll have to check into that.
17 >
18 > There's also Xen, right? Is it too early for an Open Source alternative?
19
20 Theres also the kvm option as well. Its got tight kernel support so
21 theres no extranious modules to add & it runs Windows XP for me just
22 fine.
23
24 Wil