From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Radeon driver not working
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 06:28:56
1 On 05/31/2017 07:29 AM, Daiajo Tibdixious wrote:
2 > For a while now I've been logging into root & doing "modprobe radeon"
3 > after which the screen will blank, then come back at a much higher
4 > resolution. (as an aside, where do I put modules to autoload?) Since the
5 > last reboot nothing happens. SDDM/KDE will not start.
6 >
7 > I have checked all the radeon settings in the kernel, & tried booting
8 > off a previous kernel with no change.
9 >
10 > If I login to my user account & do "startx" that also fails.
11 >
12 > I took the cover off the machine & the GPU fan is spinning. It's dusty
13 > but not too bad.
14 >
15 > I've run out of ideas. To me it looks like a HW fault but I don't know
16 > how to check the GPU. It's still visible in lspci & console mode works
17 > (with tiny # lines & width).
18 >
19 > (IDK if this will be text or html, the setting is not visible on phone)
20
21 Are you expecting people here to guess your hardware configuration,
22 kernel configuration, debug messages, etc?