From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] how to best run a script at boot
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:22:14
1 On Sunday 15 July 2007 10:15, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
2
3 > My problem is that while everything installed well, on the next start I had
4 > no network more. I've found out that running
5 > /usr/lib/vmware/net-services.sh creates the missing /dev/vmnet0, so now I'd
6 > like that script to be run every start.
7
8 I think I'd prefer to find out why that script isn't being run
9 from /etc/init.d/vmware, or if it is, why it isn't setting up the network
10 connection properly. By the way, what is "workstation 5"? And which kind of
11 vmware are you using? Workstation? Server?
12
13 On this box, installing vmware-server pulls in vmware-modules, which builds
14 two kernel modules: vmnet and vmmod. The former should be setting your
15 network up.
18 Rgds
19 Peter.
20 Linux Counter 5290, Aug 93