From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] To multilib or Not to multilib!?
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:39:17
1 2009/1/26 Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj@×××××.es>:
2 >
3 > On Sun, January 25, 2009 20:58, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >> I don't use Wine. I did for a while use Crossover Office which is Wine
5 >> based. Any idea if that requires me to install 32-bit stuff or do they
6 >> provide everything they need? I doubt I'll use it again so it's not
7 >> much of an issue one way for the other.
8 >
9 > Crossover won't work either unless it ships ALL the required libs, which
10 > is very unlikely. And even then, it will only work if you enable IA32 emul
11 > in your kernel.
12 >
13 >> Were you speaking of the Flash-10.0.21.0_alpha? Is that significantly
14 >> differeng from 10.0.15.3 that I have installed?
15 >
16 > The only reason I suggest you the alpha version is because previous
17 > flash versions have not support for 64 bits, hence, you will need
18 > multilib to use them. The latest alpha has finally been ported to
19 > x86_64, which means that it's now a native 64 bit application, and
20 > doesn't need multilib to run on a 64 bits system.
21 >
22 it's more correct to say that this version is ONLY 64bit and won't
23 work for 32bit apps.
26 dott. ing. beso