From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: AMD64 - 2.6.14-rc2-rt7 - great for real time audio
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 01:59:14
1 Tres Melton posted <1128118297.6208.265.camel@×××××××××.org>, excerpted
2 below, on Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:11:37 -0600:
3
4 > You have had so many problems with the other kernels doing this stuff
5 > and now that you have found a good one I really think that you should
6 > compose a message entitled "Latencies in the kernel" and post a summary
7 > of your experiences with the various kernels to the LKML. I think that
8 > it would benefit the developers (and all of us) to know that the kernel
9 > seems to be tuned rather nicely now to tasking these things. Anyway,
10 > I'm glad that it is working for you.
11
12 Note that it's not the vanilla kernel, but the vanilla kernel with the
13 real-time patches.
14
15 Still, yes, posting something to LKML is a good idea, as one of the
16 ongoing debates has to do with the merits of the various real-time patches
17 as opposed to other factors, and this sort of direct user testimony could
18 be influential. Of course, don't be surprised if you immediately get
19 asked to do testing on RT related stuff!
20
21 (Noting that I dont' follow LKML directly, but do follow happenings in
22 general thru LWN's weekly coverage and occasionally find myself browsing
23 various LKML threads as well.)
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
29 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
33 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list