From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: ati-drivers compile issues
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 15:10:27
1 Harry Holt wrote:
2 > I went to compile the proprietary drivers today from the ati-drivers
3 > emerge, but nothing up to and including 8.582 will compile do to error:
4 >
5 > * The die message:
6 > * ati-drivers-8.582 requires support for pci_find_slot.
7 >
8 > There is a bug about this here: http://bugs.gentoo.org/248118 but oddly
9 > enough it's status is "RESOLVED" even though it's not.
10
11 It is resolved. Enabling that kernel kernel feature resolves it.
14 > I don't know if
15 > this error exists upstream or not, but I may try installing the 9.3
16 > version from ATI just to find out (if I can get through it). I know the
17 > Debian version in "squeeze" works but it's a newer version as far as I
18 > can tell (version numbers are really inconsistent).
19 >
20 > Anyway, has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way around it
21 > without turning on PCI_LEGACY in the kernel?
22
23 No. You have to read the comments of that bug report and do as they
24 say. The driver needs to use a kernel feature that is disabled in your
25 kernel. Debian has it enabled.